- We welcome submissions of poetry, flash fiction and the occasional short story that specifically, and also loosely, follow a coastal theme. Use your imagination! We enjoy pieces that are contemporary and that may have been hiding under rocks for fear of being discovered. We particularly celebrate writing that has healed, or been part of a journey. That has been a cathartic process and is to be celebrated as such.
- Please email your poetry, flash fiction and the occasional short story, in one Word document, accompanied by a short (50 worded) third person bio. We prefer unpublished pieces, but will consider previously published ones. Please give credit to the the publisher/s, so that we can do so too.
- Copyright remains with the author at all times, but we appreciate the celebration of your first publication should you go on to have the piece published elsewhere.
- We will not enter into discussions about rejection of pieces, and whilst we appreciate that this can be disheartening (yes, we have been there), please do not take the rejection personally, for it is not intended to be so. We will wish you good luck elsewhere. Never give up, and remember, this is not a competition. You are of course welcome to resubmit, but we would ask that you wait for at least two months.
- Whilst we can not pay for any submissions accepted, we will, once a month, around the time of the full moon (or thereabouts), when tides are higher and lower than normal, gift a small prize for the treasure trove piece.
- We aim to reply within two weeks of submission date (although please do not hold us to this) and rest assured, every submission will be read. Acceptance, as perviously stated, is not on merit of previous publications or awesomeness, but on pieces that we feel reflect what we are aiming to showcase her at The Beach Hut.
- Please submit your pieces (no more than three, which can be a mix of poetry and fiction) to; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not resubmit for a further two months, regardless of acceptance or rejection.
- Please read all of the above carefully.
- We are crazy, coastal loving, word consuming, volunteers; we don’t get paid for this. Please be respectful.
- We actively encourage writing as a wellbeing tool. To heal and to use nature as your inspiration and we wish you well on your journey.
2 Replies to “Submissions”
When will you be open for general submissions?
LikeLiked by 2 people
We are open now Roger 🙏